Yes, if you continue to pay for it and keep is properly insured.  But you don’t have to.   If the vehicle is having mechanical issues, or the payment is too high, you can return it to the lender (surrender) the vehicle and not make any further payments.  The whole debt on the vehicle is included in the discharge and the lender cannot seek payment of a deficiency if you surrender the vehicle in bankruptcy.